San Jose is known for its great weather in spring and summer. Most homes generally will have a pool outside for those extra warm days, and to provide some fun for the kids.
During holidays they also become a lifesaver and keep the boredom at bay. For older kids, it can be exciting and even exhilarating, while younger kids may need some guidance and parental supervision.
The reality is that you will not always be home to supervise the playtime at the pool, while small children will look to enjoying any chance they get to be outside.
To make things a little easier for you, we’ve seen an uptick in families installing pool covers as an added safety measure. Mostly, they can be sourced inexpensively but offer a range of features geared towards safety.
In this post, we’ll share 3 of the most inexpensive and safe pool covers if you have small children.
Types of covers
In this section, we’ll look at the three types of covers: standard, mesh, and reliable. Installing them requires some form of anchor in the concrete area of your pool. You can recognize these covers because they have a look and feel of a trampoline. Security covers will prevent small children and also pets from falling into the pool.
Standard covers – These are the most inexpensive covers. Made of a tarp-like material, standard covers are held in place using water or sandbags for weights. They do not hold much weight and are not ideal for small children.
Mesh – These covers don’t require a pump, and can hold heavyweights such as snowfall and people. They are durable and can last up to 15 years. They can allow some debris to get into the pool and will result in cloudy water when opening up for summer.
Solid – These covers are more reliable and usually used in extreme conditions, and need a pump to remove rainfall and runoff that forms. They do keep your pool clear. It’s slightly more expensive than the standard covers and mesh covers.
Let’s now consider the covers that will be ideal for safety and security.
Blue Wave Pool Cover
This is a versatile pool cover which is 2ft wide and 2ft long and is fully loaded with all of the hardware and instructions that help you install it. If you use a professional installer, they will have all of the materials, such as stainless steel springs, buckles, and installation tools to make it easier to set up. Additionally, there is an anchoring system that permanently secures the anchors in the concrete. It has multi seamed stitching for additional safety and will prevent wear and tear.
- Comes with everything needed have your cover installed quickly and inexpensively
- Made from durable materials to help hold heavy weights and keep leaves and debris out
- Stainless steel anchors resist rusting, so it lasts many years
- Can hold up to 4000lbs
- Light enough to also easily install
You can find out more here.
Water Warden Mesh Safety Cover
This mesh cover offers many helpful features and comes together with everything from brass anchors to its very own installation resources and tools. It has been designed for safety and security as the anchors do not stick up and get in the way as in other pools. People can easily walk without falling over. It also has a mesh material that’s finely woven to keep leaves and insects out.
- Designed for safety and security as it is made from the reinforced strap webbing
- Easy to walk on without worrying about the weight
- Keeps out leaves and insects, so your pool also stays clean
- Lightweight, easy to handle so you can store it on your own
- It can hold heavy adults.
- It will protect the pool from harmful UV rays and saves water lost through evaporation.
You can find out more here.
GLI Rectangle Safety Cover
These covers are perfect for many pool shapes and are made from tight and finely-woven mesh for added safety and security. Also, it does not allow any rain or other leaves to seep through to the pool. It is also highly resistant to UV rays preventing evaporation, coupled with high-quality brass and stainless steel accessories. It is resilient to erosion.
- Made from high-quality materials
- Safety guaranteed due to the 2-ply mesh material and suitable for the protection of small children
- Keep’s the pool clean and free from debris and other leaves
- Prevents chlorine disintegration by blocking out UV rays.
- Will not erode in the harsh elements
- Holds up to 4000 lbs.
- Comes with a 12-year warranty
You can find out more here.
Whether it’s keeping the pool clearing or maintaining water temperature, there is a wide variety of reasons to bring in a pool cover. It does depend on what your pool needs, and there is a broad scope to choose from. Several factors are critical when selecting a covering.
These are a few considerations for you before you make the purchase:
- Always check if it fits the pool properly by checking the size and consulting with your pool installers.
- Ask questions around the ease of set up. You want to know that it can be done in a relatively short space of time.
- Find out if it has a warranty so you can get a sense of how long you will have to wait to replace it.
We’re fortunate to be in an area that offers enjoyable summers, and our kids can generally enjoy those days without using public pools. Yet having a private pool in the backyard comes with a few challenges, such as ensuring safety for small children.
This can easily be remedied by sourcing a pool cover that offers a range of safety options.
You may have seen some of the best pool covers are durable and protective for small children. Pool covers are especially helpful to prevent small children from falling in.
We’ve shared some of the best pool covers that are also inexpensive to complement your budget requirements.
As always, our advice is to shop around and find the best one that will suit your family and their needs. This may mean it will take a little longer to make the decision, but you will certainly have a cover that will give you peace of mind.
Additionally, a good pool cover can protect your pool from unnecessary leaves and other dirt in the area.
All in all, you can rest easy knowing your pool is safe during the day while you are at work, and your small children are always protected from the little accidents that could happen when pools are not covered.
We hope you enjoyed this post on inexpensive and safe pool covers! If you’d like to thank us, we’d love to hear from you in the comment section below!