Get a Full-Body Workout in Your Pool
Whether you are looking for a way to spice up your fitness routine or want to find a fun activity that will bring the whole family together, think about pool exercise. Once you got a swimming pool for your San Jose property, it was a great investment in the value of your real estate and center of magnetism for all your family and friends.
However, a swimming pool is not just a great place to hold parties and chill on the weekend. Your swimming pool may become a fully functioning gym, where you can get strength, balance, and cardio exercises while having so much fun!
Let`s go through some simple, yet very efficient exercises that will let combine a full-body workout with all the joy of a pool party.
Walking in the water will help you get used to the resistance of the water and warm up before the workout. This exercise leverages your lower body muscles, abs, and core. If you don`t feel challenged enough, you may use fitness hand or ankle weights to increase the muscle workload.
- Avoid walking on tiptoes and make sure to step on your heal, as you would during normal walking
- Keep your back straight as you walk – this will increase the effect on abs
- Keep your hands at your sides to avoid an accidental switch to swimming
This exercise is one of the most efficient and fun in any workout routine. And the additional resistance from the water makes it even more impactful for both lower and upper body muscles. You may also use ankle weights to get the most from your workout.
- Stand still in a chest-deep water
- Now start jumping, moving your legs outwards, and putting hands above your head
- Try to keep your balance. Although falling is the most fun part of this exercise, that is why children usually enjoy it so much
This is a pretty advanced dynamic exercise that is aimed at your abs and leg muscles.
- Tuck your knees into your chest, becoming a boober
- Press your legs and arms out and float on your back
- Return to the initial position
This exercise will require you to hold onto a pool ledge or a kickboard if you want to make it a little bit more challenging. Ankle weights will also be useful if you want to take your workout to a new level. However, leg kicks are the most efficient exercise for your legs and hips.
- You may do flutter-kicks, scissor kicks with both legs, breaststroke kicks, or dolphin kicks;
- Combine the moves according to the muscle group you want to emphasize or just do all the moves one-by-one
Safety and Precautions
You may not even notice, but you do sweat during a water workout. And even more than in a regular gym. That is why it is very important to stay hydrated and make sure that you and your children drink plenty of water after the workout.
If you are at least slightly unsure of your or someone else’s swimming capabilities, make sure to use flotation vests or belts.
The pool workout may get pretty intensive since our bodies are not used to the resistance of water. In case you or one of your workout partners feet weakness, nausea, or disorientation, stop the exercise immediately.
Exercising in a swimming pool is not just a way to break the routine and have fun with your friends and family, it is also a healthy and efficient alternative for those who have certain contraindications for traditional fitness. The supportive and nourishing effect of water helps those who suffer from joint pains and recover after injuries. It is also a safe workout alternative for pregnant women and a great way to introduce your infant to body balance and walking. Print Pools experts will make sure that you get a safe, thought-through luxury swimming pool for your San Jose, CA property. And pool workouts are a perfect way to benefit the most from your outdoor recreations.