Everything You Need to Know About Fountain Features For Your Pool
There is a common misconception that a pool should remain in its standard state, and you cannot alter it over its lifetime. In other words, your pool is with you for life. Before you jump to that conclusion, let’s take a look at how you can benefit from a few changes to your pool.
Perhaps you had a pool installed for your family years ago, and they loved it. It’s still well used to this day by both friends, colleagues, and everyone who visits. Yet, now you want to make additions so that you can improve the look and feel and give it a new kind of vibe.
The good news is that you can do this quite easily, provided you are well informed about the process of updating your well-loved pool.
In this post, we’ll take you through everything you need to know about fountain features for your pool. We’ll consider the costs associated, the benefits as well as some considerations you must take before the installation of your new fountain feature.
Firstly, let’s give you a clear picture of what to expect from a fountain feature.
What to Expect from a Fountain Feature
Fountain features take their inspiration from nature, yet these are refined by our pool experts at Prins Pools to meet your needs. Also known as jets or sprouts, they come in as many styles as your imagination allows. These fountains will often send or shoot water back into your pool; it can be internal or external.
Fountain features can even move in a variety of directions creating soothing water sounds as they go. And most importantly, you have the ultimate control in terms of power, distance, and location. Alternatively, add the water fountain as a rock pool feature that resembles a natural water feature giving you that earthy feel.
They do certainly raise the atmosphere of your pool and can bring new life into an otherwise dull environment at your pool. Yet you may be considering the price of these features, let’s look at what you can expect to pay.
What are the Expected Costs?
Many factors go into the cost, yet as a person looking to update and jazz up your backyard pool – it certainly helps to have a figure to work with. We do, however, recommend you get an accurate and quick quote from one of our skilled consultants here.
That said, let’s look at the estimated average costs associated with the installation of fountain features in the San Jose area.
- A medium fountain feature made of rock can cost in the region of $1000, including installation.
- While a small DIY fountain feature can cost $450 and more, do keep in mind that you would need to do all of the labor yourself.
- Finally, if you’re considering a fountain feature of a grander size as in a grotto-style unit with additions like lights, it could be in the region of $18000 or more.
The reality is that there are many inputs to consider, and your project may need reviewing on an individual basis. We recommend that you request a quote suited to your exact needs and budget. Now that you have an adequate understanding of the costs let’s consider the benefits of installing a fountain feature to your pool.
Benefits of a Fountain Feature
The benefits do outweigh the drawbacks so let’s take a look at a few of these benefits to help you out:
- Will add new life to an outdated pool that needs an urgent update
- Easily customizable according to the look and feel you and your family want
- Soothing natural sounds are a great stress reliever for those busier days
- Less expensive than fitting in a new pool and design
- It will increase the valuation of your property especially if you are trying to sell
As with most new investments in your home, you must always consider all aspects before settling on the change to your pool. You should consider the following:
- You must always keep in mind the space available for adding a fountain feature, so it certainly depends on the size of your current pool.
- If it is a DIY project, always ensure you have all of the tools and information that will make it a success.
- Speaking to the above, it helps immensely to engage a professional as it will reduce your time and energy spent on learning a new skill. You will get the job done faster.
- Shop around, but don’t only consider the price – you may want to look at reviews on places like Yelp.
- Yet the price is important too, so make sure that you budget appropriately for the project at hand.
Adding a new dimension to your pool certainly will not cost you a fortune, yet it gives your family and friends a fantastic space to take it easy after a long day at work, over weekends, and get-togethers.
The benefits are clear, as it will create a more lively feel to an otherwise drab standard pool, and you can customize it according to your tastes without breaking the bank either. Also, consider that it will raise the overall selling price of your property too.
That said, there is some maintenance involved when making this addition to your pool. We recommend that you consider this and speak to a professional when installing.
Alternatively, get in touch with us at Prins Pools, and we’ll give you a no obligations quote to have your fountain feature installed as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Did you enjoy reading our article explaining everything you need to know about fountain features for your pool? If so, please go ahead and leave us a comment or question below!